SLC starting design process on airport reconstruction | Business
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities for the Salt Lake City airport say they've been given permission to start design and engineer work on a reconstruction bond worth $1.5 billion.
In January, Salt Lake City Mayor Becker announced plans to demolish and completely rebuild the airport to meet seismic standards, handle the growing number of passengers and improve customer service.
The airport says they've been given permission to start the design, but the Salt Lake City Council is considering allowing the airport to bond for the cost of redesign in 2014.
The bond would be repaid by the airport and no taxpayer money would be used.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Antelope Island to close for annual bison hunt
- Utahn dedicates days to Bible study, hopes to win $100,000 at national competition
- Video rental shop thrives by embracing old instead of new
- Man killed in accident involving cherry picker crane identified
- Therapist arrested, accused of sexually abusing teen client