Three injured in crash on Bangerter Highway | News
Three people were taken to the hospital with injuries after a crash on Bangerter Highway Wednesday morning.
The incident involving a pickup truck and a passenger vehicle happened on Bangerter Highway and 1820 South.
Two women in the car, a silver Mazda sedan, were initially listed in extremely critical condition. The driver has been upgraded to critical condition. According to Utah Highway Patrol, neither woman was wearing a seat belt.
“Taking an impact in the door like that, I think she still would have been hurt, but I do know that seat belts will safe you from a lot of other injuries,” said Sgt. Larry Mower, UHP.
A man driving a Ford F-150 pickup truck was traveling north when the light changed to red. He told police his brakes failed. The truck struck the car, which was turning left at the light, and pushed the sedan off the road onto a grassy shoulder.
Investigators said evidence at the scene supports the driver’s story, as there were no skid marks leading up to the crash site.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot, killed by authorities after allegedly pointing gun at police
- Officials locate possibly suicidal individual who prompted school lockouts in Bountiful
- Former teacher sentenced; student says she’s a survivor, not a victim
- Major changes coming to I-15 in southern Davis County
- Utah students learn legal lessons during fairy tale trial