Utah troops return home from Afghanistan | News
SALT LAKE CITY — The remaining members of the Utah National Guard’s first Battalion, 211th Aviation returned home from Afghanistan Sunday.
The year-long separation of these soldiers and their families came to an end Sunday as one-by-one the soldiers stepped off the plane and into the arms of loved ones.
Chief Warrant Officer Dena Syddall and her husband, Capt.Tracy Syddall, were reunited with their family after being apart for a year.
“Words can’t express how glad we are to be home with all our kids. It was tough,” Dena Syddall said.
Dena Syddall said she loves to serve her country, but it’s great to be welcomed home.
“There’s nothing like coming home and seeing all this home welcoming, that just brought tears to our eyes,” she said.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot, killed by authorities after allegedly pointing gun at police
- Officials locate possibly suicidal individual who prompted school lockouts in Bountiful
- Former teacher sentenced; student says she’s a survivor, not a victim
- Major changes coming to I-15 in southern Davis County
- Utah students learn legal lessons during fairy tale trial